Confirmation is the third Sacrament of Initiation in the Roman Catholic Church. The objective of this sacrament is to assist us to reach maturity in living the Christian faith. Those preparing to receive the sacrament of Confirmation must learn more about the Catholic faith and work to live it more completely each day.
Confirmation at Regina Coeli
Preparation takes place either through Regina Coeli School or the parish religious education program, CCD. Preparation in CCD lasts for two years and students must be enrolled in both 7th and 8th grades to be Confirmed in the 8th grade.
Students in eighth grade will:
- Attend an enrollment Mass in the fall.
- Study, reflect, and apply each Gift of the Holy Spirit to situations in their lives. Candidates consider one gift each month and write a one page summary explaining how the gift helps them to become a more mature Christian.
- Perform and record at least two activities for each of the Spiritual and Corporal Works of Mercy.
- Complete a saint report on the saint whose name they are selecting as their Confirmation name.
- Write a letter to the Pastor explaining why they wish to be Confirmed
- Attend a Confirmation Retreat Day.
Eighth-grade parents also must attend a parent meeting on the Sacrament of Confirmation.
For information or questions, please contact Rose Marie Liberkowski, CCD Director, at 419.476.0922 ext. 107, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.